WHAT WILL YOU DO?
As a Step Up chapter leader, you will be dedicated to providing a safe space for your peers to voice their opinions and passions. You will also encourage your team members and classmates to step up for what they believe in. Leading a Step Up Chapter has two main functions:
1) You will lead your own Step Up Magazine on your campus. You will start by recruiting and forming your own editorial team. From there, you will manage your team and ensure everything runs smoothly.
2) The second function of your Step Up Chapter is all about stepping up for meaningful causes, initiatives, and issues facing your local community. Every month, your chapter will focus on a cause and spread awareness on it throughout your campus.
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
- Students who are interested in media, journalism, public relations, communications, entrepreneurship, social media, community engagement or a related field.
- Students who are passionate about our mission and for creating meaningful content.
- Students who are great at making connections and organizing teams.
- An effective leader, communicator, and community builder.
- Students who want to make a difference in the world.